THE END OF IT ALL (& a TL;DR LIST)
If you’ve actually read through this far, congratulations. If you just clicked straight here from the beginning, thanks for the interest regardless. Below is an abbreviated list of my favorite records and films (plus a Netflix series) from 2018. There’s also a Spotify playlist and Mixcloud stream for a Best of 2018 music mix curated by yours truly.
- Beach House — 7
- Captain Kudzu — Arboretum
- Jack White — Boarding House Reach
- Low — Double Negative
- Grouper — Grid of Points
- Tony Molina — Kill the Lights
- STREAKING IN TONGUES — Kindergarten Prayers
- Hermit and the Recluse — Orpheus vs. the Sirens
- 10 :: Mount Eerie — Now Only and (after)
- 09 :: Haley Heynderickx — I Need to Start a Garden
- 08 :: Yo La Tengo — There’s a Riot Going On
- 07 :: MGMT — Little Dark Age
- 06 :: Makaya McCraven — Universal Beings
- 05 :: The Chairman Dances — Child of My Sorrow
- 04 :: Daughters — You Won’t Get What You Want
- 03 :: Parquet Courts — Wide Awake!
- 02 :: Damien Jurado — The Horizon Just Laughed
- 01 :: Richard Swift — The Hex
- Maniac (Netflix Original Series)
- The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
- First Reformed
- Leave No Trace
- Mission: Impossible — Fallout
- The Old Man & the Gun
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- You Were Never Really Here
THE BEST MIX OF 2018
Finally, here is a curated mix of my favorite songs from 2018. I believe that this mix is the most comprehensive and complete representation of my taste that I have ever compiled. Enjoy.
PS: Maybe consider sharing this list with your friends and buying some merch? Your support means the world.